Hotel Indigo Antwerp
Head of operations
Ready for a new challenge?
As Operations Supervisor, you will be the right hand of the General Manager. Together you will ensure the best strategy to provide an unforgettable guest stay to your guests. You are a passionate and driven hotel professional with a desire to push your boundaries. You feel completely at home in the hospitality world and are always looking for the next exciting challenge to take your career to the next level.
Place of employment
A trendy boutique hotel, with the luxury of a four-star hotel. Hotel Indigo is located on the Astridplein in Antwerp, just near the Central Station. The hotel has 81 rooms and one suite that, like the lobby and other spaces, are creatively decorated with the city of Antwerp as a source of inspiration. Throughout the interior of the hotel, splashing but soothing colours and oak accents have been used. There are numerous restaurants and entertainment venues around the hotel. The hotel is located within walking distance of the main shopping streets and sights. For example, you have the Meir and the Plantin-Moretus museum. The creative and artistic location has been carefully chosen, it reflects the hotel perfectly.
The Indigo hotel is part of a larger company called PREM Hospitality. PREM Hospitality is a management company that specializes in managing hotels. PREM Hospitality is originally of Irish origin and has grown strongly throughout Europe in recent years. The head office of PREM Hospitality Continental Europe is located in Ghent, Belgium. PREM Hospitality has developed a collection of different hotels and serviced apartments in more than 20 different locations.
At PREM Group, we believe in always doing the right thing. This ethos works on both a commercial and human level. We have a practical, entrepreneurial spirit. We evolve and adapt, making smart commercial decisions that are performance driven, but above all we work with a higher purpose. We strive to set industry standards.
We want PREM Group to be synonymous with quality and innovation. The PREM Group principle of doing the right thing trickles down through our organisations. It means doing the right thing for stakeholders, for our people, for our guests, for the industry we love and ultimately for our guests. “Do the right thing”
As a hotel, we want to exceed our guests’ expectations in everything we do by employing a dedicated team of people who work creatively and ethically for the benefit of the individual, the society and the company.
As Operations Supervisor you are responsible for receiving, checking in and out of the guests. You are also responsible for providing information and service. You are the first point of contact for the guests. You provide operational instructions to the reception staff, room services and possibly also to the staff for the restaurant/bar and technical service. In addition, you are responsible for the settlement of the reservations and the supervision of safety. The focus is on guaranteeing high-quality services and monitoring efficiency/productivity and departmental efficiency. Together with the General Manager, you provide operational personnel management (absenteeism, functioning, …) and contribute to improvements in the formula, quality and return. + administrative management (cash register, bank statements, aging).
The following tasks fall under your competence:
- Customer service: cooperating at the reception during peak times, maintaining contact with regular customers and groups, providing necessary information regarding reservations and passing on customers to those responsible for the relevant service, questioning customers about their satisfaction with the rooms and services, handling complaints, ensuring that all house rules are complied with;
- Performing duty management tasks;
- Follow-up and/or execution of the necessary orders, stock management and cost control;
- Yield management: participate in the development and execution of the pricing strategy on a daily basis;
- Sales: contact follow-up LNR & corporate groups in collaboration with the sales department;
- Administration: follow-up of e-mails, letters and faxes (drafting, answering and sending) in an efficient and confidential manner, keeping track of the ranking, completing leaflets, drawing up invoices, correctly processing the daily-weekly-monthly administration, checking / correcting City ledgers, drawing up NIS reports, cash registers, bank statements & aging.
- Policy: ensuring the flow of information to the various departments, optimizing reception activities, managing material, providing advice, ensuring guaranteed quality and service;
- Personnel management: drawing up timetables, arranging leave requests, training/onboarding employees, assessing and stimulating employees, …
- Group reservations: ensure a smooth handling of requests, reservations, room lists and invoicing;
- Housekeeping: quality checks on cleanliness of the rooms and public spaces, follow-up supervisor external cleaning company.
You are also responsible for the F&B part of the hotel and you can also work as a breakfast employee and/or bartender in the F&B department according to the necessities of the company. You respond to the expectations and wishes of the guests.
The following tasks fall under your competence:
- Drawing up and adjusting the F&B department schedule, in collaboration with General Manager
- Correct follow-up of groups in the hotel, from request to invoicing. Also manage the team according to the function sheets you have set up;
- Passing on or following up orders related to the F&B departments;
- Providing advice for the composition of the drinks and menu;
- Monthly preparation of the F&B inventory.
This range of tasks is not exhaustive.
The tasks in this job description are intended to show the most important tasks and the level of work performed. It is not intended to reflect all responsibilities or qualifications of the position.
This is you
Hospitality: You act on the needs and wishes of guests.
Flexibility: You are able to switch behavioral styles under different and changing circumstances to work effectively and purposefully.
Teamwork/collaboration, inclusive and intercultural attitude: You can consult with others, make agreements and work together in realizing assignments and projects.
Creativity & innovation: You are able to come up with alternatives and step outside the existing frameworks.
Planning – organizing – structuring: You can effectively plan and organize activities and activities.
Performance motivation: You continuously improve your own performance and results of your own accord.
Communication + social skills (language skills): You can communicate clearly so that the purpose of the message is understood.
Problem analysis (problem-solving): You are able to get a good overview of a complex matter.
Meticulousness: You are able to work accurately with an eye for details and connections.
Listening skills: You can extract the essence from spoken words and encourage the other person to convey his/her message.
Stress resistance: You are able to continue to act and function efficiently under time pressure, in the face of resistance, adversity and in tense, uncertain situations.
Positively curious: You like to learn and take the initiative to learn new things in order to broaden your knowledge.
Managing leadership: You lead employees so that they can achieve their objectives.
Knowledge and meaningful skills
- You obtained at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably hotel management.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- You speak Dutch fluently and master at least a second language.
- You have sufficient digital skills
What working with us means
Working with us is more than a 9-5 office job. Work/life balance is central. Using flexible hours, you plan your hours in the way that best suits your life. This creates a unique work/life balance that characterises jobs within the hotel sector. Hospitality work is a unique industry where you can meet fascinating people from all over the world. Your colleagues can also be a great support. You get the chance to create connections that will last a lifetime. You will make friends for life. Hotel work opens doors and PREM helps you do that. Through training and education, you can continue to develop and grow yourself. Hard work within hotels is rewarded with unique benefits. Like discounts for you, your family and friends within our hotels. Wherever you come from, there is a place for you in our hotel. With us, we look at your skills, ambitions and talents. Your age, gender, orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnicity, nationality or any other characteristic play no role in measuring your competences. Within our hotels, the following values and standards are central; a passionate team that is mindful of their job and their place within the organisation. We also require you to be performance-oriented in your job, both individually and collegially. Hard-working people who are down to earth are the perfect addition to our hotel.
Interested? Apply now!
Do you fully appreciate working with a team full of passionate professionals and further growing a great hotel? Are you the operations supervisor we are looking for? Contact General Manager Lindsey Van Laere directly at [email protected]