RE-OPENING OUR PROPERTIES IN A COVID-19 WORLD
Caring for the Community
Caring for our guests and employees is our highest priority. We strive to maintain high standards of hygiene in our properties, implementing additional hygiene and safety measures in response to COVID-19. These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from health authorities, which are under constant review. Based on guidance from local authorities and the World Health Organisation, we have taken specific steps to ensure the safety and welfare, not only for our guests and suppliers but for our employees.
The information below summarises what we are doing as a company, each individual business has its own set of guidelines which are available on their individual websites.
- Social distancing is adhered to, as per government specific guidelines.
- We are taking all precautionary measures and PPE is worn as necessary.
- Reception areas are protected with a plexiglass protection screen.
- Signage and floor markings are visible throughout the properties to ensure guests and employees can respect social distancing guidelines.
- Express check-out is available at all hotels and serviced apartments.
- Revised approach to service operations adhering to FSAI, WHO and HSE guidelines.
- Our seating plans have been modified to adhere to social distancing measures.
- Call and Collect options available for in room dining.
- Contactless payment is preferred.
- We provide personal protective equipment to all employees, who are trained on its correct usage.
- We provide hand sanitizer and/or anti-bacterial wipes in public areas for our guests and employees to use.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our public areas including lobbies, elevators, door handles and public bathrooms.
- Guests are asked to pre-pay for their stay to avoid contact with PDQ machines. However, all payment terminals are sanitized after each use.
- Guests may request a ‘no-touch’ housekeeping service, where cleaning products and linen will be left at their door. Guests can also obtain new towels & bed linen at the reception desk at any time
- Furnishings such as curtains, lampshades, sofas and mattresses are washed, cleaned or steam cleaned regularly.
- Decorative items such as bed throws and cushions removed from rooms, as appropriate.
- Housekeeping staff trained in a two-part cleaning process for all departure rooms – firstly cleaning and secondly disinfecting.
- Our robust cleaning processes are further enhanced by new disinfecting technologies to ensure your room is sanitised before entry.
- All cleaning products and protocols have been reviewed to be in line with Covid-19 guidelines.
- Our team has received Return to Work Safety Protocol Training and are fully briefed on government guidelines pertaining to hygiene and social distancing.
- Continuous review of government directives will result in additional training as required.
- As government guidelines are updated we will review and revise training as necessary
What happens if someone shows symptoms of COVID-19?
Our team has been fully briefed on how to approach guests that may be unwell or are self-isolating, and we remain in close daily contact with each team member to ensure they remain in good health. If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, the order is to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
Should a guest present with any symptoms or feel unwell during their stay, we kindly ask them to stay in their room, contact local health authorities and update the Front Desk team of their situation.
If a guest becomes unwell, we will liaise with them to get a list of their requirements e.g. medical needs, extra linen, etc. All items requested by the guests (throughout self-isolation) will be left outside the door for the guest to take, whilst wearing a mask.
Each of our properties has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill.
We are committed to communicating with our properties on a regular basis and providing resources to our team in this unprecedented time, including an employee assistance programme and a HR helpline for anyone needing advice or assistance.